Pages

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." -Yves Saint-Laurent

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Christmas Haul

Christmas Haul:

I am so exited for Christmas, in my opinion, it's the best time of the year! The beautiful scenery, the blast-from-the past Christmas songs, the warm spicy smells, there's just so much to say that I would literally be here for ever typing, though, one of the best things is the company. Getting to spend the time with the family as a whole and sharing the same Christmas memories is one of the best parts. 

Having said that, I have a big family guys! For me, Christmas usually consists of family members arriving at the worst times when we haven't even got dressed for the day, squeezing 20-30 people round a 10 person table, and having to literally push ALL the furniture aside so that the only space to get a seat at the table is by going under the table itself...yeah, Christmas for me has always been a little hectic, and it's been the same every single year to the point where Christmas is actually becoming a slight dread. As for my boyfriend, he doesn't have a particularly big family, either way, we have both never been able to enjoy Christmas to it's full potential.

So, we came up with the idea to spend Christmas just the two of us together (afterall you do spend christmas with your loved ones) and do our own thing to make it something that we can look forward to every year with lovely memories. Of course we will still go through the chaos of our family Christmas dinners as every year, but in the upcoming to Christmas everyone can make Christmas special in their own ways and that's what I love about it! I want Christmas to be different this year from the others and something that will only get better and better as the years progress. 


                                                                               Image from: armathwaite-hall.com


So now, i've decided to start buying my own Christmas deccies and items and me and my boyfriend plan to go to a meal and many other places to make it just that bit more special. We spend most of the time in my room anyway so we are going to completely transform my room to make it Christmas cosy, snuggle with some Christmas films, have some lovely food and spend the rest of Christmas in the toasty warm just like people should :)
I have several shopping trips planned to get all the Christmas stuff for our Christmas. I mainly just got room accessories today. I'm gonna leave food and bits until last.
Here is my haul so far:


First off I went and had a look in Clinton's as we don't have a Yankee candle store where I live, though there are a few shops that sell them, and I picked up three samplers to look pretty and fill the room with the smell of Christmas!:

  (L-R: Black Cherry, Christmas Eve & Christmas Cookie)
Black Cherry smells very true to the name, there was a "Cherries on snow" candle as well which smelt similar but I definitely preferred the smell to this one as it's a bit sweeter and spicier whereas the other had more of a morello cherry smell about it. Christmas Eve is probably my favorite Yankee candle at the minute!  I was never really a fan of spicy smells and whenever looking for a candle or perfume, I would absolutely 100% go for something really sweet. But this candle for a Christmas candle is actually quite sweet but not too overpowering, and it has a Christmas spices smell to it aswell without the cinnamon(which I am not always too struck on in candles), i'd happily burn it all year round because it's just such a cosy toasty smell that I can't wait to burn on Christmas's eves :D and lastly, Christmas Cookie, this is probably my second favorite at the moment and as i'm sure you can tell, my inner sweet-loving self straight away grabbed it off of the shelf! But without regret, I am so happy I did as it really does smell like freshly baked Christmas cookies. I think I have gained a love for scented candles recently, especially Yankee candles as they smell gorgeous and are very true to the name for most of the time. These candles were all £1.80 each and came to a total of £5.40 which is a bargain for three Yankee candles!! They should last a good deal of time too and they should last me for Christmas! :D



I also picked this candle up from Primark. They had a variety of candles there but this one took my fancy the most. There was one in a red Christmas jar called something "Vanilla" but it just didn't smell very Christmas-y so I just stuck with this one as it actually does smell Christmas-y. I am considering buying  another as they were only £1!! and it smells amazing, it literally somehow smells like a cosy room with a hot fire on a Christmas day in one candle! It has like a burning wood and spices smell to it.. it's just amazing!



Next I bought some lip and nail products, but firstly i'll show you the lip products:
(L-R: Natural collection lipstick in the shade "berry sorbet" -£1.99 from Boots, 
Beauty UK lipstick in the shade "Snob" -£3.49 from Superdrug,
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick in shade number "08" -£5.49 from Superdrug, 
Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayon in the shade "Cherry red" -£4.99 from Superdrug (I has also purchased it in the redder shade called "Scarlet red" but I felt that "Cherry red" went better with my Natural collection lipstick.) 


(L-R: Barry M, Rimmel Kate, Beauty UK & Natural Collection)

I treated myself a bit here and splashed out more than i'd planned, but I am planning to wear them all. I bought the Natural collection lipstick to wear for my meal out with the Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayon over the top and I have been eyeing up this gorgeous dress to buy for the meal when I get my birthday money!(which I will most likely include in a haul), and then I bought the Beauty UK lipstick to wear for our other outings and our Christmas day in with the Rimmel Kate lipstick over the top of that.



Then the nail polishes!:
(L-R: Rimmel London 60 seconds nail polish in shade "285 Style Hunter" -£3.69 from Boots,
Miners Extreme glitter nail polish - 50p from a boot-sale (the shade has been taken off but it is a yellowish-gold glitter, sadly I think it has discontinued), Barry m nail paint in the shade "Raspberry" - £2.99 from Superdrug.

I bought these just to tie together my Christmas looks, I am going to wear the Barry m nail polish for my meal out with the Miners glitter nail polish over the top for that festive feel! and the Rimmel London nail polish to wear for my other outings :)


And lastly, a tree...







And that was it for the first part of my haul for Christmas! I really hope you enjoyed it and there's more coming soon! :) 


                                                     
                                        xox Toodlouu xox





8 comments:

  1. That picture is just gorgeous, its almost too good to be true!! I can't wait to get snuggled up by a roaring fire with a hot chocolate :) You're so organized-great pressies too.

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you!:D I knoww, wouldn't you just love to spend christmas there?! Your blog is amazing btw, i'm now a follower!:)xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh so many goodies i'm jealous!!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks! :) I love your blog! I should be following it on either this one or another one that I have :D xx

      Delete
  3. Oh this has made me feel all christmassy, not that I haven't been singing Christmas songs all day at work ;) I really like your posts, have followed your blog and am definitely looking forward to reading more! I thought I'd reply on here too - the MUA lipstick on my blog that you asked for the shade of, is shade 2 :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww this made me laugh :') I know the feeling, but it's a great one! :) Thank you soo much for following my blog, I've returned the favour, your blog is great! ;D and ah thanks, i've been eyeing up that lipstick for a while now :Dxxx

      Delete
  4. ah yankee candles ! i've been wanting to try them for a long time .. but for some reason i never got to !

    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    PS : i'm having a MAC giveaway on my blog to celebrate my first month of blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should get some!:) They literally fill your whole room!:D
      A word of advice aswell, there's not much difference in size between the samplers and the small jars really(and the samplers are only about £1.80 whereas the jars are about £8.39!) so the samplers are a bargain! :D I've followed your blog, its amazing :)xxx

      Delete